Tuesday, September 9, 2014

September 9th 2014

Blog Post of the Day:
Tell me about the global issue you selected. What do you already know about the issue? What are you looking forward to learning about it? Explain.



I selected the global issue of blood diamonds. I Knew vaguely that Blood diamonds were caused by wars and one side taking prisoners to harvest them by brutal force. This was thrown into the global public eye during 1991 till 2001 in Africa. I knew that the people forced to work were brutalized and killed, and the diamonds they found were taken to be used as funding for the war they'd been captured in. I would like to learn if There is more then just that occurrence of blood diamond brutality. I would also like to know if there are some events that were swept under the rug so to speak by the country's own government.


 image viaImage Via

No comments:

Post a Comment